Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
1 Timothy 4:7-9 – “Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance.”
Well it is the beginning of a new year and a time to set some goals! But it is also a time to do some diagnosing your spiritual health. Paul says while bodily training is of ‘some value’ growing in godliness has value in this life and the life to come.
Donald Whitney gives us 10 questions to diagnose our spiritual health. Questions to help us see where we are and where we are going.
- Do you thirst for God?
- Are you governed increasingly by God’s Word
- Are you more loving?
- Are you more sensitive to God’s presence?
- Do you have a growing concern for the spiritual and temporal needs of others
- Do you delight in the Bride of Christ?
- Are the spiritual disciplines increasingly important to you?
- Do you still grieve over sin?
- Are you a quicker forgiver?
- Do you yearn for heaven and to be with Jesus?
These questions are always very challenging, but they are a good source to help begin my new year on the right track. Let me encourage you to diagnose your spiritual health and set some goals to grow in godliness. It will help you in this life and in the life to come. I look forward to diagnosing my spiritual health, how about you?
 Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health by Donald Whitney